Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 1, 2007

My Baby Shower

Yesterday, my friend Jen threw me a baby shower.

It was a bit unexpected although months ago I already knew that they (Jen and my sister) were thinking about throwing a baby shower. But all along I knew that it would be in my sister's place since for the past week, they (my sister and her husband) have been really making a lot of changes in the house such as painting the bathroom, adding window blinds, buying new decors for the living room and getting new curtains. But I guess I was wrong to assume things right away.

Jen prepared everything for the baby shower which took place at her apartment.

When she texted me about hanging out at her place, I thought that it would be just like last time when we just ate, talked and played Cranium. And since I thought that my sister and her family were planning a trip to the park, I told Jen I'd be glad to join them since I didn't want to interfere with my sister's family day out.

I should have figured out that something was going on when my sister asked if she and Sophie could tag along with me since Eddie (her husband) was requested to work that day. I mean, my sister rarely goes out with me, especially commuting with Sophie. But the thought of being outside (after staying at home the whole week) was the only thing running through my mind.

When we got to Jen's place, I didn't know what to react when Jen opened her apartment door and everybody had these "noise-makers-that-pop" (I honestly don't know what it's called) to surprise me. I just stood there by the door wondering, "Oh, it's a baby shower for me". I was caught between the act of being thilled and the urge to pee (since my sister made me walk more than 10 blocks to Jen's place).

Jen prepared the food, all the games and activities for the baby shower. I'm sure the shower took most of her time eventhough I knew that she's been busy at work. And I really do appreciate everything that she has done for me so far. I mean, she's been a great friend.

There was a lot of food during the shower. We had BBQ, rice with vegetable, baked pasta, crispy pata, pancit bihon, embutido and home-made cupcakes for dessert. And just like any typical Filipino gathering, we all brought home left-over food when the party was over.

Picture of the Cupcakes



We had a lot of fun with the games prepared by Jen. We had lots of laughs with every activity. After that, the guys played Wii. She even set up an area where the guests could paint whatever they want on plain bibs, babyshirts and onecies. Then there was the candy-filled-baby-bottle souvenirs.

Picture of the Souvenirs



The gifts for Gavin were amazing. I got a lot of clothes good until 9 months and baby stuff that would really help me lessen my financial burden. Though I still have more things to buy for Gavin, at least I could erase a lot from my list thanks to the presents I received.

Opening of gifts with Marj (left) and Gretch (right)



Anyway, at the end of the day, I did have a lot of fun. Though I was tired when I got home, I came to realize how lucky I am to have friends like Jen. Without having my husband, my daughter and my mom with me right now and with my estrangement with my relatives, all I have are my friends to rely on. Though I have Sheryll, I don't really want to ask more than what she's been offering.

People like Owie, Gretch, Marj, Horatio, Jonathan, Jp, Ernesto and Carrie who gave time to be there for my baby shower just proves that are still people who care. I just realized that I shouldn't feel sorry for myself that I don't have my family with me or that my relatives have turned their backs on me. My friends are enough for me to feel blessed.

Thanks guys!

Here are more pictures taken by Jen and Jonathan (her brother) during the baby shower






Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

No comments: