Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 38 Inside Mommy's Belly

Dear Gavin,

After last week's scare, yesterday's appointment came out pretty well, despite the fact that the doctor said I'm letting him down.

First, in my sonogram, my amniotic fluid appeared normal and I actually saw a picture of your foot. It was actually propped up in Mommy's belly, and the sonographer had a clear shot of it, with toes and all. Based on last Friday's reading, you're now 6 pounds and an ounce.

Second, in the NST room, it took the nurse a long time to get a decent reading since there was no movement at all coming from you (although your hearbeat was normal). You were actually sleeping and I couldn't do anything to wake you up. Though I started patting my belly slightly just to get even just small kicks from you but I guess you pretty much dozed off after being quite active the night before. So after being strapped up in the reclining chair for a good full hour, the nurse was able to get a satisfactory reading after having to "force" you to move at least 5 times or so. (When I mean by force - I had to pat my belly a few times just to make you move).

Third, for Mommy's pre-natal check, the results for my vaginal culture came out negative so I wouldn't have to take any antibiotics if I ever go into labor. The doctor said that Mommy's a bit dehydrated, hence the early contractions last week. The vaginal discharges (that looks like pieces of cotton) that I've been seeing in the toilet for the past few days is normal, as per the doctor and is an indication that I could go into labor anytime soon. I told him that I've been feeling pretty tired lately and he said that it's normal now that I'm in my final stretch. He even said that I should be smiling now since I'm almost there. But with my blood pressure still elevated, he keeps telling me (for the nth time) to avoid being stressed and just relax. But with so many things to think about, that would really be a challenge for me. And there's this issue with my weight - I'm still losing weight, instead of his advice to gain a few pounds. He asked if I eat regularly, and all I could do was smile back as an answer. He said that I should be eating healthy - but what can I do it I couldn't? That's when he said, "... you're letting me down, what's goin' on?". And I couldn't say anything to assure him otherwise. And with my history of preeclampsia, he told me that if ever I suddenly feel any of the symptoms (upper abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, headaches, blurred vision, etc.) then I should not hesitate to go to the labor/delivery unit.

I came home feeling a bit light-headed, since I skipped breakfast and had a late lunch. Daddy was having one of his "bad days" so we had a bit of an argument which he apologized in the end. Daddy's under a lot of pressure lately, and I feel like it's all my fault. He even took 2 days off from work just for him to relax. I want him to feel better but I don't want to worry to much because as per the doctor, I should be relaxing.

Mommy can't wait for the next two weeks to be over. Just don't start pushing out until Mommy's C-section date since I'm still having second thoughts are giving birth vaginally - now that there is a possibility for that to happen.



Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

No comments: