Week 37 Inside Mommy's Belly
Dear Gavin,
Honestly, Mommy's really worried right now. Since I wasn't able to see the doctor and the sonographer yesterday, I don't really know what's going on with you - if you're okay or not.
But this morning, things were pretty different. Normally, you would be kicking Mommy with enough intensity for me to wake up and have breakfast. But today, since I woke up and until now, all I could feel are just flutters in my belly and not the usual kicks I get from you on a daily basis.
At first, I thought that you were just asleep. But after awhile I realized that no matter what I do to make you move, I just couldn't feel anything but a slight tick that could have been my imagination. I've tried drinking cold water, the kick-count test and taking a cold shower but everything seems useless.
At this point, Mommy's starting to freak out. I've been rubbing my belly for the past few hours, trying to convince you to just give me a strong good kick for me to be assured that you're okay, but as of now, all my pleas have not been heard. I've been whispering the words "Baby, please move" every minute, thinking that I could convince you to do what Mommy tells you to do and not for you to start acting stubbornly.
If in a few more hours and things haven't changed for the better, then I would have to call the hospital and find out if I should come in or not. I don't know if Dr. Silva's around to answer Mommy's questions but I guess hearing any advice from a nurse or a midwife would give Mommy an idea of what to do - if I should be worried or not.
All I really want is for you to be okay.
Just a few more weeks, Baby. So please hang in there. You're a strong boy so please bare with Mommy and we'll see each other soon.
But this morning, things were pretty different. Normally, you would be kicking Mommy with enough intensity for me to wake up and have breakfast. But today, since I woke up and until now, all I could feel are just flutters in my belly and not the usual kicks I get from you on a daily basis.
At first, I thought that you were just asleep. But after awhile I realized that no matter what I do to make you move, I just couldn't feel anything but a slight tick that could have been my imagination. I've tried drinking cold water, the kick-count test and taking a cold shower but everything seems useless.
At this point, Mommy's starting to freak out. I've been rubbing my belly for the past few hours, trying to convince you to just give me a strong good kick for me to be assured that you're okay, but as of now, all my pleas have not been heard. I've been whispering the words "Baby, please move" every minute, thinking that I could convince you to do what Mommy tells you to do and not for you to start acting stubbornly.
If in a few more hours and things haven't changed for the better, then I would have to call the hospital and find out if I should come in or not. I don't know if Dr. Silva's around to answer Mommy's questions but I guess hearing any advice from a nurse or a midwife would give Mommy an idea of what to do - if I should be worried or not.
All I really want is for you to be okay.
Just a few more weeks, Baby. So please hang in there. You're a strong boy so please bare with Mommy and we'll see each other soon.







No comments:
Post a Comment