Spending A Day in Queens
Jen and Gavin
While Jen was on the phone
I've been craving for sushi for months now. Jen and I shared this platter of assorted rolls and I think I ate most of it. Yesterday was a good day for me since I spent most of it with my friend Jen - and one of Gavin's (and Sophie's) ninangs. I haven't really been out much lately except to go to the nearest kids' store to buy Gavin's things or to pick up Sophie at daycare. So it was a first for Gavin to travel as far as Queens.
We had sushi for lunch, watched "Knocked Up" for the afternoon and ate Thai food for dinner. I even met JL's (Jen's older brother) new girlfriend and one of his college friends. The one thing I enjoyed most was the talks we had the whole day. I haven't had that much fun since I was in the Philippines when I had Glenn to listen to all my stories. At home, I rarely get to have a decent talk with my sister so I'm quite "sabik" to somebody to share stories with. Mababaw lang naman kasi kaligayan ko. A day spent sharing an interesting conversation with a friend just makes it a happy one.
We went home at around 8pm after my sister called lecturing me about how cold it was outside and the baby might get sick. Fortunately, I had him all covered up so he was just asleep in the Snugli the whole trip back to the Bronx.
We had sushi for lunch, watched "Knocked Up" for the afternoon and ate Thai food for dinner. I even met JL's (Jen's older brother) new girlfriend and one of his college friends. The one thing I enjoyed most was the talks we had the whole day. I haven't had that much fun since I was in the Philippines when I had Glenn to listen to all my stories. At home, I rarely get to have a decent talk with my sister so I'm quite "sabik" to somebody to share stories with. Mababaw lang naman kasi kaligayan ko. A day spent sharing an interesting conversation with a friend just makes it a happy one.
We went home at around 8pm after my sister called lecturing me about how cold it was outside and the baby might get sick. Fortunately, I had him all covered up so he was just asleep in the Snugli the whole trip back to the Bronx.







No comments:
Post a Comment