Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, October 26, 2007

Gavin's Scheduled Vaccination and Updates

We just got back from Gavin's pedia. He had his second round of vaccination. Surprisingly, my baby barely cried even after three injections pierced his skin. I was thinking, probably he got used to the feeling of needle pains after his ordeal in the hospital last week. The doctor told me to just give him Tylenol if he gets a fever.

The little boy weighed almost 12 pounds and grew an inch and a half longer. His pedia said that he seemed to have recovered already from his hospitalization. He was smiling and activily kicking while being examined by the doctor. He was even grabbing on to the doctor's coat when she was checking his back.

Despite all my efforts of frequently changing his diaper, Gavin was still inflicted by diaper rashes. Good thing I'm already ahead of the game and got myself a tube of multi-purpose Desitin two weeks ago. He also developed rashes in the scalp, also known as "cradle cap". I know that Gavin doesn't seemed to be bothered by it but I still wanted to resolve it before the rashes start to itch and irritate him. She said that the simplest way to treat cradle cap is to massage olive oil in the scalp, leave it for a few minutes then gently brush the loose skin with a soft comb. She also advised me not to use baby shampoo with fragrance such as Johnson & Johnson's.

Other than these small nuisance, the doctor said that Gavin's perfectly fine. Gavin can now also have rice cereals added in his milk. With the vitamins, iron supplements and his feeding intake, I'm sure he'll be gaining more weight by his next appointment, two months from now. He's been drinking more milk thus gaining weight despite not being breastfed.

I feel a bit relieved that Gavin has been sleeping longer at night. The weather's starting to change and the nights are getting colder and Gavin's seem to be adjusting pretty well. But I still have to make sure that I keep him warm by bedtime by layering his clothes. The only downside of this is that it takes forever for me to change his diaper, waking him up in the process. And because he now sleeps in his crib, he gets to use his own comforter instead of sharing with me. But I still prefer the wearable blankets just to prevent him from kicking the blanket off himself.

I've already started daycare hunting. Though I want to be with Gavin 24/7, there's expenses to think about, forcing me to go back to work as soon as I can. I've decided to find a daycare preferrably walking distance from where we live to minimize exposure time going back home, especially when it starts snowing. I'm sure I'll be feeling terrible once I leave Gavin in the care of other people but its for the best. He'll be needing a lot of things in the future which involves money - and those things don't grow in trees.

I'm planning to bring Gavin in the studio to have his picture taken one of these days. I'm just trying to figure when's the best day to have him all dressed up without worrying about rain. I even got him this Tigger outfit/bodysuit for his portrait. I just hope he'd smile and won't start acting up. He's quite a fussy baby sometimes.

Aside from our doctor's visit, nothing really eventful happened today. It's cold outside and I feel more comfortable if we stayed indoors unless its necessary. Gavin and I would just snuggle in bed the rest of the day or just until I finish up with my book.


Mommy's Big Boy







Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

No comments: