Gavin Being Sick
My son's sick.
I think he has a cold. His nose is congested and he couldn't breathe properly when he's feeding (he's been breathing through his mouth) so he's cranky because he can't eat properly. We spent the whole night in the living room until 5am, just sitting in the couch, calming a restless baby. I had to make him sleep in his side so he could breathe better, with my arm elevating his head.
I think it's my fault why he got sick in the first place. Last Tuesday, after I picked up Sophie at daycare, it started to drizzle and I forgot to bring my umbrella. So all he had for protection was his bonnet and a blanket, though it was only for a few minutes. And it was late when we got home so it was already a bit chilly. Well, I'm really not sure how it got it. Maybe it's just the change of weather or maybe he got it from Sophie since she got the cold last week. For whatever reason, I still feel guilty about it.
I realized now that I do need to get myself a new nasal aspirator since the one I have doesn't seem to be working pretty well. All it does is get the mucus half past his nose then once he tries to breathe it'll just slip back in again which really makes him cry even more.
I just feel bad that I can't really do anything to make him feel better. He can't take any medications yet and he can't take any fluids other than his milk. I just wish he'll feel better soon. I don't really want us to end up visiting the ER at the last minute.
FYI: Despite being sick, he still had the mood to smile at me - at 4 in the morning.
I think he has a cold. His nose is congested and he couldn't breathe properly when he's feeding (he's been breathing through his mouth) so he's cranky because he can't eat properly. We spent the whole night in the living room until 5am, just sitting in the couch, calming a restless baby. I had to make him sleep in his side so he could breathe better, with my arm elevating his head.
I think it's my fault why he got sick in the first place. Last Tuesday, after I picked up Sophie at daycare, it started to drizzle and I forgot to bring my umbrella. So all he had for protection was his bonnet and a blanket, though it was only for a few minutes. And it was late when we got home so it was already a bit chilly. Well, I'm really not sure how it got it. Maybe it's just the change of weather or maybe he got it from Sophie since she got the cold last week. For whatever reason, I still feel guilty about it.
I realized now that I do need to get myself a new nasal aspirator since the one I have doesn't seem to be working pretty well. All it does is get the mucus half past his nose then once he tries to breathe it'll just slip back in again which really makes him cry even more.
I just feel bad that I can't really do anything to make him feel better. He can't take any medications yet and he can't take any fluids other than his milk. I just wish he'll feel better soon. I don't really want us to end up visiting the ER at the last minute.
FYI: Despite being sick, he still had the mood to smile at me - at 4 in the morning.








No comments:
Post a Comment