First Doctor's Visit
Today is Gavin's first visit to the pediatrician.
He gained 1.4 pounds and grew an inch longer. Which is said to be quite advance for a 16-day old baby.
He can now raise his head when placed on his tummy and I was told not to leave him unattended since he's such a squirmy baby and he could fall eventually. The doctor said that he would be "mobile" at an early age since she can see that Gavin moves a lot all the time.
The blood tests taken while we were in the hospital all came out negative and the doctor said that the umbilical cord came off nicely.
I told her about his skin problems - the shedding and the peeling - and she said that its perfectly normal and all I need to use is either some Vaseline, baby oil or unscented lotion.
I asked about Gavin unusual breathing patterns and she told me not to be worried since all newborns sometimes breathe as if they're panting.
I also asked why Gavin keeps crying when he poops even when he's stool's soft. She said the babies are just getting used to pushing poop so sometimes they cry in the process. But as long as his stool's soft - not watery - then there's no need for me to do anything.
We left the doctor's office with an appointment for some rounds of vaccination shots.
He was deemed a healthy baby and a big boy for that matter. 







No comments:
Post a Comment