Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, September 17, 2007

10 Baby Things I Couldn't Live Without

Among all the baby stuff I have for Gavin, here's a few that I really appreciate having and would really recommend to moms and moms-to-be. And what's best is that most of these stuff are gifts from friends and family.

1. Diaper Genie - With 2 kids (Gavin and Sophie) stacking up a lot of dirty diapers, this wonderful gift given by my friend Owie during my baby shower really helps lessen the stinky smell of pee and poop in the room. And it's really easy for me to dispose all the used diapers, especially when we need to have our garbage segragated (for recycling).

2. Electric Breast Pump - When I had Jenna, I really REALLY had a hard time breastfeeding. And I had a manual pump, which really made nursing a nightmare for me. Not only was the process painful, it was tiring as well. So I ended up breastfeeding for only a month. With Gavin, I wanted to make things different so I was determined to breastfeed. But I've been having some latching problems since I think he's kinda getting use to using the bottle - he's actually breastfeeding and bottle-feeding at the same time. So I opted to pumping milk instead. The electric pump makes it really easy for me to give Gavin as much as breast milk as I can, without that much hassle.

3. Boppy Pillow - This item has been one of my favorites, so far, since it makes nursing really comfortable, both for me and Gavin. I really can't get him to feed while lying down so I end up carrying him during feeding time. With the Boppy, I don't have to exert that much effort holding him - especially in the middle of the night - and at the same time, placing Gavin in a cozy position.

4. Fisher Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker - I'm always in the living room during the day but with Gavin to look after, this rocker gives me the comfort of keeping a watchful eye on the baby without having to haul his bassinet in and out of the room. And its portable so I could just fold it anytime we don't use it for easy storage.

5. Snugli - I don't own a car so commuting anywhere with a baby really seems next to impossible. But having this Snugli (from Sophie's hand-me-downs) really is very efficient. Gavin just sleeps in it while I go shopping or when we're on our way to see the doctor. And there's no need for me to be hauling a stroller, especially when taking the bus or a cab.

6. Aveeno Lotion for Baby (Fragrance Free) - Gavin's starting to shed like a snake (from his chest down to his legs) and the doctor said that I could only use either Vaseline, baby oil or unscented lotion. Well, I'm not into baby oil so I've been using Aveeno for Gavin. And it works really good because his skin's starting to look better - no more skin flakes on my bed.

7. Close Sleeper - My friend, Jen gave this to me for my baby shower and I've been using it eversince I brought Gavin home. It helps prevent him from turning over on his belly while he's asleep since he's quite a squirmy baby - less risks for SIDS - eventhough he can alreade raise his head.

8. Body Suits - With one-zip, dressing up Gavin is hassle-free since he gets fussy whenever he's being changed. I don't have to think about pajamas bottoms and long-sleeves tops since body suits cover everything that need to be kept warm.

9. Johnson's Disposable Washcloths - It's been difficult for me to give Gavin a bath - I don't think he likes the water that much - not like Jenna, who would wade in the water for as long as possible until bathtime's over. He cries once his body touches the water, despite the perfect water temperature. So bathtime's always a rush so these washcloths help lessen the time we spend in the tub because its soap-ready once dipped in water and I could also use it to clean him up afterwards - and I don't have to worry about hanging up used washcloths to be dried.

10. Wearable Blanket - The weather's starting to change and for the past few days, the temperature's been in its 50's at night. But thanks to this blanket, it keeps Gavin warm when he's asleep. And it has a lot of leg room so it doesn't restrain him from moving even when he's zipped up inside the blanket. I don't need to worry about tangled blankets, now that he keeps kicking everything wrapped around him at night. And he's so cute in it - he looks like a big marshmallow.


MOMMY'S LITTLE MARSHMALLOW BOY







Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

No comments: