Gavin's Fifth Month
Gavin turned 5 months last week and I wasn't able to post an update on what's new with my little man. Since I've been pretty much pre-occupied with work and home, it kinda slipped my mind that he turned another month older.
Gavin's doing great at daycare. In fact, he loves it there that every day, he seems to be wanting to stay there than be with me. Whenever I pick him up, he's always happy. The daycare lady told me that Gavin's quite fond of books. Everytime he starts to act fussy, she would just read him a picture book and he'll calm down. He's favorite book is the one with photos of babies in it (I forgot the title).
Gavin's front teeth is also starting to come out. Last week, he had a slight case of diarrhea which turns out to be one of the signs that he's teething. I bought him this teether wherein you could put real food in it and it really helps relieve the discomforts. He loves it when I put pieces of banana or a small slice of apple.
With regards to food, Gavin has already tried a wide variety of mixed fruits and vegetables. And since I really couldn't feed him anything with chicken, he's starting to get use to enjoying a "meatless" diet. He's not a picky eater and consumes anything I feed him, from mashed peas (that smells and tastes like mungo) and buttersquash to apples with mixed cereals and cinnamon. His all-time favorite would be a combination of bananas, apples and peaches.
At 5 months, he can now roll over without help, hold his bottle by himself, laugh when you make funny faces, reach for his toys, have a good time in a jumperoo and sleep by himself at night. He can now fit into 12-month-sized clothes, size 3 diapers and size 2-3 shoes. I can now carry him in a Snugli facing forward and could sit in his strolled in an upright position. He loves reaching for his toes, grabbing into whatever he could reach and play with his toys.
My little man's growing up so fast that sometimes I wish I was a stay-at-home mom so that I wouldn't miss out on the new things he learns everyday. Now that he spends 10 hours aways from me, I feel like I wasn't there to witness certain moments in Gavin's everyday, even the simple things about him. I really have been spending less time with him since he usually goes straight to bed once we get home from daycare. But in our situation right now, being a working mom is the only option for me to give everything that he needs (and Jenna's as well). I'm sure he knows that I love him despite the lack of time we spend together. And I won't get tired to reminding him how much love I have for him.
Here are a few pictures of Gavin (at 5 months)






Gavin's teether
Gavin's doing great at daycare. In fact, he loves it there that every day, he seems to be wanting to stay there than be with me. Whenever I pick him up, he's always happy. The daycare lady told me that Gavin's quite fond of books. Everytime he starts to act fussy, she would just read him a picture book and he'll calm down. He's favorite book is the one with photos of babies in it (I forgot the title).
Gavin's front teeth is also starting to come out. Last week, he had a slight case of diarrhea which turns out to be one of the signs that he's teething. I bought him this teether wherein you could put real food in it and it really helps relieve the discomforts. He loves it when I put pieces of banana or a small slice of apple.
With regards to food, Gavin has already tried a wide variety of mixed fruits and vegetables. And since I really couldn't feed him anything with chicken, he's starting to get use to enjoying a "meatless" diet. He's not a picky eater and consumes anything I feed him, from mashed peas (that smells and tastes like mungo) and buttersquash to apples with mixed cereals and cinnamon. His all-time favorite would be a combination of bananas, apples and peaches.
At 5 months, he can now roll over without help, hold his bottle by himself, laugh when you make funny faces, reach for his toys, have a good time in a jumperoo and sleep by himself at night. He can now fit into 12-month-sized clothes, size 3 diapers and size 2-3 shoes. I can now carry him in a Snugli facing forward and could sit in his strolled in an upright position. He loves reaching for his toes, grabbing into whatever he could reach and play with his toys.
My little man's growing up so fast that sometimes I wish I was a stay-at-home mom so that I wouldn't miss out on the new things he learns everyday. Now that he spends 10 hours aways from me, I feel like I wasn't there to witness certain moments in Gavin's everyday, even the simple things about him. I really have been spending less time with him since he usually goes straight to bed once we get home from daycare. But in our situation right now, being a working mom is the only option for me to give everything that he needs (and Jenna's as well). I'm sure he knows that I love him despite the lack of time we spend together. And I won't get tired to reminding him how much love I have for him.













No comments:
Post a Comment