Gavin's Dietary Progress
When he was just two months old, he started taking his milk with single-grained rice cereals. He loved it and he slept longer at night because the rice cereals kept him full enough during bedtime. He would only wake up once or twice for a feeding and more sleep time for both of us. But in the mornings, he would still consume six to seven 4 oz. bottles even with the rice cereals. Since then, Gavin wouldn't drink his milk unless there's rice cereals in it.
Before he turned three months, I started giving him solid food. I'm not like other moms who just stick to what the pediatrician say. I figured that since he could sit up with my support and could hold his neck steady, then he's probably ready for solid food. And he loved it, as well. (Watch Gavin eat). Though I know Gerber's more popular but I preferred Beech Nut because it's cheaper. And the nearest grocery where I usually go has more choices for Beech Nut compared to Gerber. I am planning that by his fourth month, I'll start preparing homecooked food for him, like what I did with Jenna when she was a baby. There's nothing more nutritious than fresh carrots and potatoes mashed with rice and chicken broth.
His current diet consists of the following:
1. His formula (Enfamil Lipil - with iron) and Beech Nut single-grain rice cereals
2. Beech Nut Stage 1 Banana
3. Beech Nut Stage 1 Peaches
4. Beech Nut Stage 1 Peas - (Today's the first time I gave this to him and I didn't know that I had to add water. Though he ate it with gusto, I am worried that this would leave him constipated. Well, I'm gonna wait until tomorrow)
5. Beech Nut Stage 2 Morning Meals (Peaches, Oatmeal and Bananas)
After every meal, I would let him drink apple juice. He doesn't really like it so 2 ounce would be enough for one day. With his juice, I preferred Gerber this time because they sell a variety of juices in small bottles which is quite convenient for me. It is said that Vitamin C helps the body absorb more iron so I want him to get use to his juice, with his anemia and all. And he frequently gets a cold now that winter's coming so I thought that a dose of Vitamin C on a daily basis would be good for him.
Gavin's a growing boy and everyday is quite an adventure for both of us now that he's trying new food, adding more to his list of diet intake. Before you know it, he'd be wanting for food that he could hold. Good thing Gerber has those corn puff snacks and cookie biters.
It's the messy floors and cleaning part I'm not too excited about. Well, that's another story I'll surely be telling a few months from now.
Before he turned three months, I started giving him solid food. I'm not like other moms who just stick to what the pediatrician say. I figured that since he could sit up with my support and could hold his neck steady, then he's probably ready for solid food. And he loved it, as well. (Watch Gavin eat). Though I know Gerber's more popular but I preferred Beech Nut because it's cheaper. And the nearest grocery where I usually go has more choices for Beech Nut compared to Gerber. I am planning that by his fourth month, I'll start preparing homecooked food for him, like what I did with Jenna when she was a baby. There's nothing more nutritious than fresh carrots and potatoes mashed with rice and chicken broth.
His current diet consists of the following:
1. His formula (Enfamil Lipil - with iron) and Beech Nut single-grain rice cereals
2. Beech Nut Stage 1 Banana
3. Beech Nut Stage 1 Peaches
4. Beech Nut Stage 1 Peas - (Today's the first time I gave this to him and I didn't know that I had to add water. Though he ate it with gusto, I am worried that this would leave him constipated. Well, I'm gonna wait until tomorrow)
5. Beech Nut Stage 2 Morning Meals (Peaches, Oatmeal and Bananas)
After every meal, I would let him drink apple juice. He doesn't really like it so 2 ounce would be enough for one day. With his juice, I preferred Gerber this time because they sell a variety of juices in small bottles which is quite convenient for me. It is said that Vitamin C helps the body absorb more iron so I want him to get use to his juice, with his anemia and all. And he frequently gets a cold now that winter's coming so I thought that a dose of Vitamin C on a daily basis would be good for him.
Gavin's a growing boy and everyday is quite an adventure for both of us now that he's trying new food, adding more to his list of diet intake. Before you know it, he'd be wanting for food that he could hold. Good thing Gerber has those corn puff snacks and cookie biters.
It's the messy floors and cleaning part I'm not too excited about. Well, that's another story I'll surely be telling a few months from now.







1 comment:
hi! I envy you cause you can feed you r baby solid food. I followed the pediatrician with regards to giving solid food but I had to delay it cause she had lots of allergies. At 7 months, she's still not eating much. sigh...
Post a Comment